TOTAL SECURITY FOR MAC
Simple, Fast and Seamless Protection for Mac
- Virus Protection continuously monitors and detects threats (viruses, Trojans and worms) on your Mac. Keeping Virus Protection enabled saves effort in carrying out a manual scan. The default setting for manual scan is usually adequate. However, if required the options for manual scan can be adjusted.
- Schedule Scan allows you to define and set timings to begin automatic scan of your machine. The feature gives the flexibility to set multiple scan schedules according to convenience. Additionally, one can define frequencies for daily and weekly scans that further refine scans to occur at fixed boot at fixed time.
- Exclude Files and Folders allows you to decide which files and folders should not be included for a virus scan. This helps avoid unnecessary repetition of scanning the files that have already been scanned or should not be scanned. Both Scan My Mac and Virus Protection scanning modules allow exclusion of files and folders.
- Quarantine and Backup helps in isolating infected or suspected files. When a file is added to Quarantine, the intelligent software encrypts the file and keeps it in the Quarantine folder. Thus restraining the file from being executed and spreading the infection. The Backup option when selected keeps a copy of the infected file before repairing it. This feature also allows you to remove files after a certain period of time.
- Scan My Mac allows you to choose between a full system or a customized virus scan of certain files and folders.
Anti Spam & Email Security
- Email Protection – Allows enabling protection rule for all incoming emails. It blocks attachments in emails that may be of a suspicious nature such as, malwares, spams and viruses. It also allows customization of action that needs to be taken once malware is detected in emails. This feature is enabled by default. It is recommended to keep Email Protection enabled to ensure protection from malicious emails.
- Spam Protection – Blocks all unwanted emails such as spam, phishing and porn emails from reaching your mailbox. It is always recommended that the feature is enabled at all times.
Single Product Key
* The Parallel desktop for Mac feature is available in version 8 and above.
- Browsing Protection – Keeps malicious websites at bay while surfing the Internet. Nowadays it’s not just bad websites that pass on malicious codes. Any website that is not well protected can be compromised by malware authors who inject malicious codes that can infect visitor’s machines. Malware authors can also create codes that target operating system or application vulnerabilities. Browser Protection keeps a tab on all the attempts by websites to exploit software vulnerabilities in the web browser.
- Phishing Protection – Phishing Protection stops access to phishing and fraudulent websites. Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email to steal your personal information. It usually carries the genuine look of emails sent from well-known organizations and sites such as banks, companies and services with which you may or may not be associated with. The email prompts you to visit their sites and requests you to provide personal information such as credit card number, social security number, account number, or passwords. Phishing Protection automatically scans all accessed web pages for fraudulent activity and protects against any phishing attack as you surf the Internet. It prevents identity theft by blocking such websites so that you can have a hassle-free experience of online shopping, banking and web surfing.
- Restrict access to websites based on the category – This feature in Parental Control has a vast range of website categories to allow or deny access to based on requirements. Once you restrict or allow a website category, all websites falling under that category are blocked or alternatively, allowed. It also gives you the option to allow certain websites from a restricted category by including them in the Exclude List.
- Restrict access to websites as specified by user – This feature helps block specific websites. This is helpful when you want to restrict certain websites and the list is shorter than it can be in a website category. It is also useful when a website does not fall under a particular category or a certain website is accessible even after blocking that website category.
- Schedule Internet Access – This feature helps schedule Internet accessibility for your children so as you have full control over their browsing time. It allows you to schedule days and/or time when kids can access the Internet.
Why Quick Heal Total Security For Mac?
Ultimate security for all Internet needs. Bank, chat, email, and browse online with round-the-clock security.
Fast & highly responsive virus protection
Browsing protection & phishing protection to keep malicious websites at bay
Smooth email protection monitors email traffic for malware including any sent as attachments from Windows users
Macbook tracking facility
Single product key to activate parallel Windows desktops
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11 & 10.12
- Mac Computer with Intel Processor
- 512 MB of RAM
- 700 MB free hard disk space
- Internet connection to receive updates
The requirement is applicable to both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems unless specifically mentioned.
The requirement is applicable to all flavors of the operating system. Quick Heal recommends a system with higher configuration than the above mentioned minimum requirements for best results.
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 and later)
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional (Service Pack 2 and later) / Professional 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro / Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Cannot be installed on Server OS
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- 300 MHz or higher processor for Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft Windows XP
- 1 GHz for Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1
- 512 MB RAM for Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, Microsoft Windows XP
- 1 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
- 1GB RAM for Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
- 1 GB RAM for Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)
- 2GB RAM for Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- 2.25 GB free hard disk space
- DVD drive
- Internet connection to receive updates
- Internet Explorer 6 or the latest browser